Saturday, October 23, 2010

iBLOG6, and why I decided to seriously get into blogging

I wasn’t really into blogging when I went to iBLOG6. I showed up because it was free, I was curious, & I figured I might meet someone interesting or find a job.
So, I didn’t expect what I did find. iBLOG was an annual event made for and by bloggers, not just to talk about the business and craft of making and writing for blogs, but also to share their passions.
In a word, I was dumbfounded. The speakers and resource persons came from a variety of backgrounds and represented a broad spectrum of Filipinos. Most of them were soft spoken, but unafraid to voice out their opinions online and offline. I was especially impressed with Noemi Dado, pinoygossipboy, Carlo Ople, Abe Olandres, Joseph Gonzales, Mike Abundo and of course, Janette Toral. They weren’t all internet marketers like I expected (although the marketers were there too, and they weren’t so bad).
I showed up both days, and think I may not have made as many connections as I should have, but I still found a lot to admire. The one thing I learned from them all, I guess, is that blogging isn’t something to be entered lightly, and it’s not an easy way to make money. Primarily, you have to have a passion for blogging if you are to be succesful. You have to care enough to persevere and keep writing articles even if it seems like nobody’s paying attention to you. And by making a blog that gives more value to your readers, you also make a blog that gives value to you and that you can be proud of.
You can see the iBlog website here: http://iblogph.org/

1 comment:

  1. "And by making a blog that gives more value to your readers, you also make a blog that gives value to you and that you can be proud of."

    Nice entry. Your last statement was a realization for me. It was my "Oo nga 'no!" moment. :)

    ReplyDelete